Beauty and the Birds

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bouldering?

Bouldering. What is it? Simply put, it is climbing on "Small Rocks" that are 10-30 feet tall without the use of ropes. I personally do not participate in this sport but "My Three Sons" do. They and several of their friends really seem to enjoy this activity. The bird at left is a Ruddy Turnstone. It enjoys climbing on rocks along coastal waters. I was chasing this particular Turnstone along a Jetty in Panama City Florida. The rocks on Jetty's are only about 2-3 feet in height. This is more to my skill level. The Turnstone seems very adept at making its way around, over, or under these rocks. I finally caught this Ruddy on film near the pinnacle of his ascent. I am quite sure he was delighted when I moved on to another subject. You are likely to see other sea loving birds on Jetty's, especially Pelicans and Gulls. One of my favorite Jetty's is off of Pleasant Town on Cape Cod. The Jetty stretches for miles and actually connects to the mainland. Just watch the tide so that you don't get caught far out on the Jetty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home